Thursday, December 07, 2006

Here's a look at the semester gone by.



I arrived on the 23rd of July. Very enthusiastic, a little afraid. I was never in awe of 3rd year or how tough my seniors made it sound. Never really gave a F.
Its just that i was scared of committing to too many things. It was like looking out of your window to find a notepad and a pen waiting for you to start work. This, lying on top of a four storey pile of imaginary, yet important, study material.

But, there was never really a doubt on committing to Dramanon. I love acting, but i love the people who i work with even more.

Well anyhow we started of the practice sessions around mid-August. Cool auditions. Found some gems. Polished others. Akanksha turned out to be an uncut diamond. Rare brilliance. Also, her work ethic is amazing and very enviable.

I got a relatively small role this time. It wasnt something incredible like any of the one's before. It was infact...very boring. I had to come up with something very outrageous to make it even remotely funny. I chose Gay. I chose right. Well, almost.

(Music i was listening too: Thievery Corporation, Floyd, Dj Tiesto)

New subjects, new and interesting ways to get a headache. Microprocessors this time. For all the horror stories i'd heard, it didnt turn out to be much. I loved the programming bit. Micro lab was one of those rare occasions when i cold actually concentrate enough to solve something. I enjoyed every moment of quiet desperation and sudden enlightenment.

KMC was as harrowing as ever. New subjects which just seemed like pages out of a manual for lab instruments. They dont know what to teach us, we dont know what to learn. Lets get together and break our heads on the wall.

Also, i had to go to the Cancer hospital for some lectures. It made me very sad. I hated my class for walking around in there shouting at the top of their voices. Stupid females. Have some freakin respect? No. Ever bother to think of the poor people there? Say a prayer perhaps? No.

I approached my ex-HOD for projects. He gave me two. One under my teacher. Her doctoral thesis. She got married so everything went to Pluto. I studied stuff i already new becuase she'd asked me too. I asked her about her progress. She looked nervous, so i dropped it. Sad college.

(Music: Blackfield, Porcupine tree....masterclass)

First sessionals. Hard to get through. Harder to get marks. Partied even harder! Ishita's birthday was around that time. Thank God she reads books.

Practice went on as usual. Sometimes frustrating, sometimes inspiring (Bhops and the grass effect).
October 2. Mangy show. God how i despise that place. Good party though. Dhruv should've been there.

October 8. THE show. Here, at home. Where everyone was our age. Where inhibitions were lost; dialogues forgotten, but new one's, even funnier, conjured! Hat tricks or wat? Whole lotta fun and a whole lotta laughter. Sharanya, Satya and Rao were there. Missed Ritu and the Powerpuff. Missed Ritu more :-(

Secunda la sessionaaal. A cake walk. Only four papers!!!

(Music: Bob Marley and the Wailers)

Diwali time. Hmmmm.....confusion begins. Clarity refuses to marry me.

Scooby doo beckoned, i answered. Again and again and again and again.....
Video games + footie with Ajit....two more things that let me forget about my brain. Joga Bonito!

I wish it could have been Ole Ole Ole forever. I wish i could have been Stone Man again. Not to be.


After is no event. Maddenings happenings.

Third sessional. Hmmmmm'ed my way through it. Bloody Orkut bloody.

Farewell! Adieu my lovely seniors. Jhelum i will miss you like hell. Ara, i'll remember the good times, i will, i will.
Mohu.....you know what i'll say. WaheGuru ji da khalsa, WaheGuru ji di fateh....:-p

Confusings causings serial port detonations in nuclie of frontal lobe. HypoF***inthalamus going tralalalala....
End sems start.
Rao and company back. Nice, nice.

Breathing easy, starting to get back to the way i was....And........done! yipeee!

(Music: Radiohead. Bob fighting for space. Seldom winning any.)

Now i am here. Typing. End sems remaining= 2. Easy does it. Dont go kaboom.

So all in all,
I have achieved 0, nil, zilch this semester.

I really should start giving a F!




Ha haha haha....this is soo cool.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Prashanth said...

Looks like we're going to have to add an emotion to your already long list consisting of two emotions...hmmmm...

12:35 PM  
Blogger Tathar Faelivrin said...

Really? now i'm interested...what might that be?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Prashanth said...

senti...:D

9:59 AM  
Blogger Tathar Faelivrin said...

Hawww! it wasnt senti!...it was a bit personal so's all...
nothin else.
u should try it...makes ur blog an interesting diary for all to read..

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home